How to Request a Subdomain
- Go to the College Communications page on the Davidson College website.
- Click on the Marketing Toolbox button.
- Navigate to the Standards & Policies page.
- Click on Digital Governance & Standards.
- Scroll down to the Subdomains, Social Media & Mobile apps section of the accordion menu and click to open it.
- Click on the link that reads “domain name (DNS) or subdomain URL request form.”
- Fill out and submit the form.
Subdomain Request Review Process
- A submission of the DNS/subdomain request form creates a Zendesk ticket within the College Communications system.
- The Digital Communications Team in College Communications then approves or denies the request.
- If approved, they transfer the ticket to the Technology & Innovation (T&I) Zendesk system.
- From there, members of the T&I team reach out to the site owner and verify that we have the correct point of contact and department listed for the site.
- T&I updates their records with this information.
- T&I assigns the ticket to the T&I Infrastructure team to finalize creation of the subdomain.