CatSched is a web application that allows faculty members to enter their course details and classroom preferences for the upcoming academic year.
NOTE: CatSched is only available when it is time to enter course information for the upcoming academic year (usually December - January). The Registrar will inform users when CatSched is ready for use.
- Go to catsched.davidson.edu
- use any browser except Internet Explorer
- Sign in using your Davidson credentials
- If you have trouble accessing the site, please contact the Registrar.
Add a Course
- Choose your department and semester in the lefthand menu
- Click "Import Previous Class" if you've taught this course before
- or click "Create New Course" if this course has never been offered in the past
- Your course should appear in the lefthand menu. Click on it to edit
Note: All the courses in grey were crossposted or listed in the current department. They are not editable -- you must go to the course where you created them to make changes.
Choose a Room
If you are a Wall resident, need a special room (dance studio, computer lab), or have a personal need for a specific room, please choose your room under "Specialty Room Request."
Otherwise, you will need to fill out room preferences so the tool can assign you to a room. Please follow these instructions when filling this section out:
- Ranking your choices from 1 to 3, select your preferred building and room type (auditorium, standard desks, etc). Rooms that match these criteria will appear under "Possible Rooms." Note that you aren't guaranteed any of these rooms.
- Select 4 other room features that are important to you under "Features." Select by order of importance (first: most important, last: least important).
- Select your room size, factoring in the combined ceiling for your class.
CatSched will try to find the best solution for everyone when assigning rooms.
NOTE: The more information you fill out, the more likely you are to get a room you want!
Use "Calendar View" to see a schedule of courses offered. It updates at two minutes after the hour and half hour.
Please contact the Registrar with any other questions/concerns.