PawPrint for Employees is now available on your Davidson-owned computer. When on-campus and connected to Eduroam, you'll see PawPrint in your printer list. If you used PawPrint in the past and still see FacStaff_PawPrinters listed, go ahead and delete it from the list. This article will walk you through how to print and release documents, copy and scan using PawPrint.
Do I need to download anything on my college-owned device to start using PawPrint?
No. PawPrint printers will be listed on your Davidson-owned computer. There are several PawPrint options for employees to choose from including
PawPrint Employee Advanced Canon
PawPrint Employee Advanced HP
Where can I view a list of PawPrint printers?
Windows users can view PawPrint printers by searching for Printers & scanners in System Settings.
Mac users can view PawPrint printers by clicking on Printers & Scanners in System Preferences
Find your nearest PawPrint location.
How do I print?
Print your document(s) as you normally would and select PawPrint Employee from the list. Depending on your device, you may need to select a dropdown to view the complete list of available printers. If you are printing from GSuite (Docs, Sheets, etc.), select “see more” to view a complete list of available printers.
There are multiple printers on my list. Which should I choose?
Choose the Employee options that best meet your printing, scanning, and copying needs.
- PawPrint Employee
Meets basic printing needs for employees. Documents will print B/W only and two-sided by default. We recommend setting this as your default printer on your computer. To set a default printer, right-click and choose “set as default”.
- PawPrint Employee Advanced Canon
Color printing and advanced features including stapling and 3-hole punch
- PawPrint Employee Advanced HP
Some HP printers on campus are monochrome only, but some offer color printing and advanced features including stapling
Note: Mac users will be prompted to authenticate when using each print queue for the first time. Check the box to save to the keychain to limit this prompt.
What are the steps to release my print job?
- Go to any PawPrint location
- Tap your CatCard
- Select Print Release
- Check the document
- If you are part of more than one department, choose which department will be charged for this job
- Check Print as Grayscale and Print as 2-sided to save paper and toner
- Click print
How can I print in color?
The steps vary depending on your operating system and the printer. Click here for more information.
What if I just need to copy?
- Go to a PawPrint location that supports photocopying (all Canons, some HPs)
- Tap your card
- Select Copy
- Select Access Device
- Click Access Device again on the screen with your name and department
- Choose Copy
- Configure your Copy as needed
How do I scan and send a document?
- Go to a PawPrint location that supports scanning (all Canons, some HPs)
- Tap your card
- Select Scan
- Choose Scan to Email, Dropbox, or Google
- Scan your document
- You will receive an email to authorize scanning to Dropbox and Google Drive the first time you select the option. Follow the instructions to complete the authorization. Examples of the authorization process can be found here:
Scan to Dropbox
Scan to Google Drive
Can I install PawPrint on my personal computer?
Yes! See our PawPrint Installation on Personal Devices instructions.
How can my department's student workers print and copy?
The setup for this is automatic for all student employees. Learn how students use PawPrint for their employing department.
Learn more About PawPrint