PawPrint is a networked printing software application that allows students and employees to print from personal computers, Davidson College managed devices, and public labs to networked printers available across campus. This article will walk you through how to print and release documents, copy and scan using PawPrint as an employee.
Do I need to download anything on my college-owned device to start using PawPrint?
No. PawPrint printer drivers are automatically installed on Davidson-owned computers, and will be listed as available printers on your Davidson-owned computer.
PawPrint Printer Types for Employees
Choose the PawPrint options that best meet your printing, scanning, and copying needs.
- PawPrint Employee
Meets basic printing needs for employees. Documents will print black and white only and two-sided by default. We recommend setting this as your default printer on your computer. To set a default printer, right-click and choose “set as default”.
- PawPrint Employee Advanced - Canon
Color printing on all Canons, and advanced finishing features including stapling and 3-hole punch.
- PawPrint Employee Advanced - HP
On HP machines that support it, color printing and advanced finishing features including stapling. Some of the HP printers are monochrome only.
Can I install PawPrint on my personal computer?
Yes! See our PawPrint Installation on Personal Devices instructions.
How can my department's student workers print and copy?
PawPrint setup for student employees is part of the standard student employee onboarding process. Learn how students use PawPrint for their employing department.
Send the Job to Print
Print your document(s) as you normally would and select PawPrint Employee from the list. Depending on your device, you may need to select a dropdown to view the complete list of available printers. If you are printing from GSuite (Docs, Sheets, etc.), select “see more” to view a complete list of available printers. Choose the available option for the printer you'd like to print to: PawPrint Employee, PawPrint Advanced - HP or PawPrint Advanced - Cannon.
Note: Mac users will be prompted to authenticate when using each print queue for the first time. Check the box to save to the keychain to limit this prompt.
- Go to any PawPrint location
- Tap your CatCard
- Select Print Release
- Check the document
- If you are part of more than one department, choose which department will be charged for this job
- Check Print as Grayscale and Print as 2-sided to save paper and toner
- Click print
Printing in Color
The steps vary depending on your operating system and the printer. Click here for more information.
- Go to a PawPrint location that supports photocopying (all Canons, some HPs)
- Tap your card
- Select Copy
- Select Access Device
- Click Access Device again on the screen with your name and department
- Choose Copy
- Configure your Copy as needed
- Go to a PawPrint location that supports scanning (all of our Canon devices do; only some of our HPs)
- Tap your card
- Select Scan
- Choose Scan to Email, Dropbox, or Google
- Scan your document
- You will receive an email to authorize scanning to Google Drive the first time you select the option. Follow the instructions to complete the authorization.
Scan to Google Drive Authorization Example
See a list of PawPrint Printer Types Available
Windows users can view PawPrint printers by searching for Printers & scanners in System Settings.
Mac users can view PawPrint printers by clicking on Printers & Scanners in System Preferences