Smartsheet is a software as a service offering for collaboration and work management, developed and marketed by Smartsheet Inc. It is used to assign tasks, track project progress, manage calendars, share documents, and manage other work, using a tabular user interface.
✓ All licensed Davidson College users (can create and update rows and columns)
✓ Any other user with an email (within and outside of Davidson College) can read and/or edit sheets (as explicitly authorized by the Smartsheet author)
✓ It is used to assign tasks, track project progress, manage calendars, share documents, and manage other work, using a tabular user interface
→ To request a Smartsheet license, contact email@example.com.
→ To access Smartsheet’s extensive help and learning center, visit help.smartsheet.com.
To share a Smartsheet with another user, simply click the “Share” button. Note that only licensed users can be granted certain privileges.
Data kept in a Smartsheet may be classified as 1-Confidential and 2-Official Use Only and is subject to usage outlined in the Administrative Data Security Policy.
License is required for users to:
- Create and own sheets and templates (the number of sheets that you can create and will depend on your plan type)
- Create, own, and manage reports
- Create workspaces
- Publish sheets, reports, and dashboards
- Insert and delete columns*
- Change column properties*
- Hide/unhide columns*
- Create and modify forms*
- Lock columns and rows*
- Create and edit update requests, automated actions, and workflows
- Create sheet-level reminders, and row reminders for other users
- Request backups of sheets
- Obtain Resource Viewer or Group Admin access on a Enterprise or Business account
- View Activity Log
- Create, delete and edit shared filters
- Create conditional formatting rules
- Send rows
- Edit project settings
These activities with an asterisk (*) require Owner- or Admin-level sharing permissions to the sheet.
Smartsheet licenses are $420 per year per user, and are paid for by the requesting department.
Department management approval is required, along with the org and account numbers to charge the license to.