Zoom Phone replaced Cisco as Davidson's telephone provider on June 30, 2022. On this date, all Davidson faculty and staff with college phone numbers began using Zoom Phone to make and receive phone calls. For more information, see the Getting Started with Zoom Phone Guide.
Connect Your Zoom Phone
Activate your new Zoom Phone after June 30 at 11:30 am by following these steps:
- Unplug your current desk phone. You can return this phone to T&I Main, or leave it at your desk to be collected by a T&I team member in the coming weeks.
- Using the same cable that was plugged into your old phone, connect your new Polycom Zoom Phone as shown in the diagram below. Power is supplied to the phone through the network cable. There is no separate power cable.
- Once your phone is connected, it can take 10-15 minutes for the phone to be ready for use. During this time period, multiple updates will automatically be loaded and the phone will restart several times.
- You're ready to use your new phone to make and receive calls. If you experience issues with your new Polycom Zoom Phone, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-894-2900.
Polycom Phone Quick Tips [PDF]
Set up Your Voicemail on a Polycom Phone
- Access the voicemail message center:
- VVX series with physical line keys: Press Messages on the home screen or the voicemail button .
- Alternatively, you can dial and call *86 to access voicemails.
- Use the navigation pad or touch screen to navigate to Message Center.
- Press or tap Connect.
- Press one of these keys:
Key Description 1 Play all voicemail messages starting with your new (unplayed) messages. 2 Record a voicemail greeting. The greeting will be added to your Zoom Phone audio library.
- Follow the audio prompts to manage your voicemails.