Welcome to Davidson! This guide provides an overview of technology services commonly used by students at Davidson. If you are unable to claim your account, need help resetting your password, or have any other questions about technology at Davidson, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-894-2900.
Claim Your Account
Incoming students receive an account claim via email or text message in mid-May. In 2023, this account claim notice will occur on May 16. Transfer students receive an account claim email the day after the Registrar enters them into the Davidson system as a student.
Account claim information is sent via email and text message to the personal email address and phone number you provided to the college. During the claim process, you'll create your network password, enroll in Duo two-factor authentication and receive your Davidson College email address.
Davidson email is accessed through outlook.davidson.edu. You'll use your Davidson credentials to access most software and systems on campus.
Departments across campus will be communicating important information and enrollment steps to your Davidson email throughout the summer.
Before You Arrive
Please complete these tasks prior to your arrival on campus.
Email and Calendar
- Access your Davidson email and calendar. Davidson email is accessed through outlook.davidson.edu.
- Set up your Davidson email account on a smartphone or tablet.
Duo Two-factor Authentication
- Enroll in Duo as part of your account claim process. Learn more about Duo.
- Confirm your SSAFER notification preferences once your account is created. The SSAFER system alerts students, faculty, and staff to emergencies and provides safety instructions via text messages, emails, voice messages, and live-spoken instructions. Follow prompts from enrollment emails and/or texts to validate your communication channels in order to receive notifications. Learn more about SSAFER Notifications.
- Sign into Moodle before the semester begins to allow your account to set up before classes begin. Access Moodle using your Davidson email address and password.
- Set up your Davidson Google Workspace account. Davidson uses Google Drive for file storage and sharing, but does not use Gmail for email.
- Once you have claimed your account and your email is activated, you will have access to Banner Self-Service using your Davidson email address and password. You will also set up your personal information used for SSAFER alerts through Banner.
- Download Davidson One, an application that lets you easily access resources across Davidson in one spot. Davidson One is available for iOS, Android, and on the web. Log in with your Davidson email address and password to access the student profile. You can also access Davidson One on the web at one.davidson.edu.
- All Davidson students have access to LinkedIn Learning—an on-demand library of instructional videos covering the latest workplace, technology, and creative skills. You can activate your LinkedIn Learning account with your Davidson email address and password.
Start Learning about Davidson Platforms
While On Campus
- Connect to eduroam. Connect your laptop and phone to Davidson's campus wireless network.
- Connect to DavidsonDevice. Connect your streaming devices such as Chromecast, Roku, and Smart TVs. Email email@example.com to obtain the DavidsonDevice password.
- Connect to DavidsonGaming. Connect your gaming devices and multi-player consoles or desktop gaming systems. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the DavidsonGaming password.
- Install PawPrint. Get set up for Davidson's campus-wide print service.
- Enable WiFi calling on your phone. Some areas of buildings on campus may have weak cell phone service depending on your network. Enabling WiFi calling can help make sure you receive important phone calls while in those areas.
What to do if you have a Laptop Emergency?
If you experience a laptop emergency, i.e., hardware failure or physical damage, T&I can provide a loaner laptop for up to two weeks while your personal device is being repaired or replaced.
If you need a laptop for a short period of time, feel free to use one of our laptop loaner kiosks.
If you’re in need of a loaner laptop, please reach out to T&I at email@example.com or 704-894-2900.
- Laptop Loaner Kiosk Locations
- Student PawPrint Locations
- Computer Lab Locations
- Student Computer Recommendations