Zoom is Davidson’s recommended application for collaborative communication -- web/video conferencing, conference calls, and more. With Zoom, you can have a one-on-one conversation or a team meeting; share or mark-up a screen or document; and collaborate easily no matter where you are. All Davidson students, faculty and staff can hold unlimited-length, one-on-one Zoom meetings with other College employees.
All Davidson College students, faculty, and staff have access to Zoom. Our enterprise license provides all Davidson College students, faculty, and staff a Zoom licensed account which provides a variety of conferencing features including:
- Host meetings with up to 300 participants (no time limitations)
- Customize Personal Meeting ID
- Be an alternative host
- Assign others to schedule and schedule on behalf of
- Be assigned user add-ons such as large meetings, webinars, or personal audio conferences.
Access and Instructions
Visit http://davidson.zoom.us using any web browser. Zoom recommends the Google Chrome web browser when using the web client. Sign in using your Davidson College credentials (email address and network password). Here are some other ways to access Zoom:
- Download Zoom's desktop client or mobile app and use the SSO option at the login prompt. You can view an example of the SSO login process here.
- Access Zoom on A-Lend-A laptops and computer labs.
- Use Microsoft Outlook Zoom add-in is a quick and easy way to add a Zoom meeting directly from your Outlook calendar.
Visit the Zoom Help Center for 1-minute video tutorials for your most frequently asked questions like how to join a meeting.
Additional Zoom Articles
Zoom Best Practices
Prepare For Your Event
Explore Your Options
Updates and Security
Zoom Waiting Room Settings
Zoom Cloud Recording
Zoom Cloud Audio Transcripts
If you have additional questions about Zoom, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.