Zoom is Davidson’s recommended application for collaborative communication -- web/video conferencing, conference calls, and more. With Zoom, you can have a one-on-one conversation or a team meeting; share or mark-up a screen or document; and collaborate easily no matter where you are. All Davidson students, faculty and staff can hold unlimited-length, one-on-one Zoom meetings with other College employees.
All Davidson College students, faculty, and staff have access to Zoom.
How do I access Zoom?
- Visit http://davidson.zoom.us using any web browser. Zoom recommends the Google Chrome web browser when using the web client. Sign in using your Davidson College credentials (email address and network password).
- Download Zoom's desktop client or mobile app and use the SSO option at the login prompt. You can view an example of the SSO login process here.
- You can also access Zoom on A-Lend-A laptops and computer labs.
- We've included the Zoom add-in to our Microsoft Outlook application. This is a quick and easy way to add a Zoom meeting directly from your Outlook calendar.
- New: Learn more about Zoombombing and how to prevent this in our newest article, Zoom best practices: sharing meeting links and Zoombombing.
Our enterprise license provides all Davidson College students, faculty, and staff a Zoom licensed account which provides a variety of conferencing features including:
- Host meetings with up to 300 participants (no time limitations)
- Customize Personal Meeting ID
- Be an alternative host
- Assign others to schedule and schedule on behalf of
- Be assigned user add-ons such as large meeting, webinar, or personal audio conference
Note: Computer audio is usually preferred because it can be higher quality, and carries no cost to the College to use. Telephone/dial-in access carries a nominal cost to Davidson; if you need to use this, please note that “call me back” dialing is significantly more expensive than dialing into a Zoom meeting.
New to Zoom or web conferencing?
If you have additional questions about Zoom, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.