Welcome to Davidson! This guide provides an overview of technology services commonly used by staff at Davidson. If you need help accessing your account, or have any other questions about technology at Davidson, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-894-2900.
Claim Your Account
New staff will receive an account claim via email or text message on their start date. This information is sent via email and text message to the personal email address and phone number you provided to the college.
During the claim process, you'll create your network password, enroll in Duo two-factor authentication and receive your Davidson College email address. During the claim process, you'll create your network password, enroll in Duo two-factor authentication and receive your Davidson College email address. Davidson email is accessed through outlook.davidson.edu. You'll use your Davidson credentials to access most software and systems on campus. If needed, you can reset your password online.
If you are unable to claim your account or need help, please contact us at email@example.com or call 704-894-2900.
Before You Arrive
You can complete these tasks prior to your arrival on campus.
Email and Calendar
- Access your Davidson email and calendar. Davidson email is accessed through outlook.davidson.edu.
- Set up your Davidson email account on a smartphone or tablet.
Duo Two-Factor Authentication
- You'll enroll in Duo as part of your account claim process.
- Install Microsoft Office 365 on your personally-owned computer, if desired. Your Davidson-issued computer will have Office 365 pre-loaded for you.
- Set up your Davidson Google Drive account.
- Once you have claimed your account and your email is activated, you will log in to Banner Self-Service (bannerweb.davidson.edu) using your Davidson network account (Davidson email and password).
- Download Davidson One, an application that lets you easily access resources across Davidson in one spot. Davidson One is available for iOS, Android, and on the web. Log in with your Davidson email address and password to access the faculty/staff profile.
After You Arrive
Get connected to technology resources and tools on campus.
- Connect to eduroam, the campus wireless network.
- Get up to speed on PawPrint, Davidson's networked printer system.
- Use Zoom Phone to make a phone call from your Davidson phone number, through the Zoom app on a Davidson computer or by using the Zoom app on your personal phone.
If you received a Davidson-issued computer for your work:
- Make sure to claim your Davidson account at least one hour before you pick up your Davidson device. Your manager will help you coordinate this device pickup time.
- Sign up for an Introduction to Davidson Technology session, or complete the self-guided session on LinkedIn.
- Start your Cybersecurity Awareness Training. Staff required to complete this session will also receive an email from the training platform, KnowBe4, once you are enrolled.