Welcome to Davidson! This guide provides an overview of technology services commonly used by faculty at Davidson. If you need help accessing your account, or have any other questions about technology at Davidson, please contact us at email@example.com or call 704-894-2900.
Claim Your Account
New faculty will receive an account claim via email or text message 30 days before their contract start date. This information is sent via email and text message to the personal email address and phone number you provided to the college.
During the claim process, you'll create your network password, enroll in Duo two-factor authentication and receive your Davidson College email address. During the claim process, you'll create your network password, enroll in Duo two-factor authentication and receive your Davidson College email address. Davidson email is accessed throughoutlook.davidson.edu.
You'll use your Davidson credentials to access most software and systems on campus. If needed,you can reset your password online.
If you are unable to claim your account or need help, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org call 704-894-2900.
Before You Arrive
You can complete these tasks prior to your arrival on campus.
Email and Calendar
- Access your Davidson email and calendar. Davidson email is accessed throughoutlook.davidson.edu.
- Set up your Davidson email account on a smartphone or tablet.
Duo Two-Factor Authentication
- You'll enroll in Duo as part of your account claim process.
- Install Microsoft Office 365 on your personally-owned computer, if desired. Your Davidson-issued computer will have Office 365 pre-loaded for you.
- Set up your Davidson Google Drive account.
- Once you have claimed your account and your email is activated, you will log in to Banner Self-Service (bannerweb.davidson.edu) using your Davidson network account (Davidson email and password). You will also set up your personal information used for SSAFER alerts through Banner.
- Download Davidson One, an application that lets you easily access resources across Davidson in one spot. Davidson One is available foriOS,Android, andon the web. Log in with your Davidson email address and password to access the faculty/staff profile.
After You Arrive
Get connected to technology resources and tools on campus.
- Connect to eduroam, the campus wireless network.
- Get up to speed on PawPrint, Davidson's networked printer system.
- Start your Cybersecurity Awareness Training. You will also receive an email from the training platform, KnowBe4, once you are enrolled.
- Use Zoom Phone to make a phone call from your Davidson phone number, through the Zoom app on your Davidson computer.
- Access LinkedIn Learning—an on-demand library of instructional videos covering the latest workplace, technology, and creative skills. You can activate your LinkedIn Learning account with your Davidson email address and password.
- Classroom Audiovisual Technology and Support
- Moodle, Davidson's Learning Management System
- Bring Your Own Device Mobile Technology Classrooms
- HDMI/Laptop Connections in Classrooms and Conference Room Spaces